If an order is in progress and a delivery partner hasn't already been dispatched, use Restaurant Dashboard to notify the customer that you've run out of an item:
1. Tap the order
2. Select "Help"
3. Select "Notify customer item is sold out"
4. Tap the check box to select the item(s) as out of stock
5. Tap "Mark as sold out" to notify the customer (they'll have 10 minutes to respond before their order is automatically cancelled)
NOTE: You may not see the option to notify your customer depending on how they placed their order or if a delivery partner has already been dispatched. If you don't see the "Reply to customer instructions" option, select "Contact the customer" instead.
. . .
IF OTHER MENU ITEMS ARE AFFECTED:
1. You'll see a prompt to "Go to menu"
2. For each menu item, mark "Sold out today" or "Sold out indefinitely"
3. Tap "Submit"
- Items marked as "Sold out today" are hidden from customers until the following day
- Items marked as "Sold out indefinitely" remain unavailable until you change it to "Available"
. . .
For more on adjusting or cancelling an order, visit the following articles: