Here's how to request a ride in the Uber app:
1. Open your app and enter your destination in the "Where to?" field
2. Swipe up to see all vehicle options available in your area. Tap one to select it for your ride, then tap "Choose Uber X" (button will be your vehicle selection)
3. You may be asked to confirm your pickup location. If so, move the pin on the map, or select from a list of locations. Tap "Confirm Pickup" to send your request to eligible drivers in the area
4. If you're not asked to confirm your pickup, tap "Confirm UberX" (button will be your vehicle selection) to send your request to eligible drivers in the area
5. Once a driver accepts your request, you'll see their location and estimated time of arrival on the map
Uber will send you notifications when your driver is close to your pickup location.
. . .
In some cities you can request a ride with multiple stops. Visit this article for instructions: