If you see any of the error messages below in your app, you won't be able to request a ride until you update your payment method:
- "Request Failed: Card Declined"
- "Your payment method is invalid. Please update your billing settings"
- "There was an error processing your request"
Update or add a new payment method in the "Payment" section of the app menu if your payment method was declined for one of the reasons below:
- Card number entered is incorrect
- Credit or debit card has expired
- Insufficient funds in the account
You may need to contact your bank in the following situations:
- You're traveling abroad and haven't authorized international transactions
- The bank rejected the charge from Uber based on fraud
- You've exceeded the withdrawal limit on your account
- You've reported your card as lost or stolen
If none of the solutions or issues apply, share details below.