With the trip type preference feature, you can select what type of requests you'd like to receive without having to go online on a different vehicle option.
To modify the trip types you would like to receive for a vehicle, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the "Trip Planner" section of the app by tapping the icon with three horizontal lines in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Tap the Preferences icon in the bottom right corner of your Trip Planner screen.
- Tap the type of trip requests you'd like to receive while you're online
- Tap the trip type to stop receiving this type of trip request
- To reset your filters and receive all trip types, tap reset
When you go online to drive, you will only receive the trip types that are selected in your trip type preferences. If there is a certain trip type option not displaying in your preferences that you believe you are eligible for, please write in through the form at the bottom of this page to let us know. We're happy to take a look.
You may find that certain trip type settings lead to fewer requests. Adjusting your settings to include all trip types will help you receive more trip requests and maximize your earning potential.
Here are additional frequently asked questions about the trip type feature.
WHY AM I MISSING THE PREFERENCES OPTION?
If you cannot see the trip type preferences when you follow the steps outlined above, there is most likely an app issue that simple troubleshooting steps can resolve. Please follow these steps:
- Delete and reinstall the app to ensure you have the most update app version
- Force-quit the app. This is different than logging out and logging back in or restarting your phone, and helps the app catch up to the new update.
- Wait at least 15 minutes. This also helps the app catch up with the recent update
HOW MANY TIMES A DAY CAN I USE THE TRIP TYPE FEATURE?
You can modify your trip type settings as much as you would like - there is no limit!
You are able to change your trip type settings anytime you are online, whether you are first logging on to start your time online, waiting the airport queue, or on a trip. We recommend waiting until the vehicle is fully stopped and in a safe location before adjusting your settings. Your preferences will remain set even when you go offline. When you're ready to receive all types of requests, tap "reset."
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DUPLICATE VEHICLE?
Since you can now select what type of requests you'd like to receive in your app, we have removed vehicle options that were created for specific trip types. For example, if you previously had an "XL-only" vehicle, you are now able to decide what combination of trip types you'd like to receive at any given time without having to switch vehicle options.
HOW CAN I TAKE UBEREATS DELIVERY TRIPS?
If UberEATS is currently offered in your city, you can sign up to do deliveries through the link provided below.
Please Note: The above directions for updating your trip type preferences refer to steps in a recent app update. Please make sure to update your app in order to access the "Trip Planner" section in the app.