To signup to drive with Commute, you will need to provide:
- Phone number
- Payment details
- Date of birth (and be over 18 years old)
- Driver's license
- Verify that all information is valid
To drive with Commute, you will need:
- To download the Uber app on your smartphone
- An eligible car (see below)
IS MY CAR ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
All vehicles operating in Uber Commute must meet the following requirements:
- Your vehicle must be a 4 wheel vehicle;
- Your vehicle cannot be salvaged, reconstructed, or rebuilt.
- A vehicle that is state registered
Should you choose to drive a vehicle you do not personally own, you must be listed as an insured driver on the vehicle's insurance policy.
DO I NEED A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DRIVE WITH COMMUTE?
To complete the signup process and start taking trips, you will be required to provide a valid drivers license number and your date of birth.