On April 10th, 2020 we updated our COVID-19 financial assistance policy to focus on supporting drivers and delivery people who are still actively working during this crisis. We also expanded eligibility to include people who have been told to isolate because they have pre-existing conditions that put them at a higher risk of suffering serious illness from COVID-19. Because this will mean more people are eligible than under the old policy, we've chosen to establish a maximum per-person payment to make this new policy more sustainable.
If you use the Uber app to drive or deliver, you may be eligible for financial assistance for up to 14 days if you've received written documentation from a licensed doctor or government public health official showing that:
- You have an active case of COVID-19; or
- You were individually ordered to self-quarantine because you're suspected to have an active case of COVID-19; or
- You were individually ordered to self-quarantine because you have pre-existing health conditions that put you at higher risk of serious illness due to COVID-19
To qualify, you must also meet these criteria:
1. You must have completed at least one trip or one delivery on the Uber platform in the 30 days before the date on your documentation, or the date you first reached out to Uber for financial assistance, whichever is earlier.
2. Your documents must contain your full name, the full name of the doctor or government public health official, their contact information, and a diagnosis date or start date of quarantine.
3. You must submit your documents within 30 days after the date of your diagnosis or the date when your individual quarantine started.
The following situations do not qualify for financial assistance:
- You've tested positive for immunity to COVID-19, but do not have an active case of COVID-19
- You do not have written documentation from a licensed doctor or government public health official
- Your city or country has ordered a mass quarantine
- Your city or country has suspended Uber service
- You have already received payment under Uber's financial assistance policy
We'll aim to process your request within 7 business days. We are currently experiencing high case volumes and appreciate your patience.
When you hit submit on the form below, your Uber account will be put on hold as a safety measure to limit the spread of COVID-19. The hold on your account will generally be 14 days but may vary based on the time period stated in your documentation. Even though your account is on hold, please understand that we will still need to review your application to determine if you qualify for financial assistance.
If you need to contact us during your quarantine period, you can do so through the app. We ask that you refrain from scheduling an in-person appointment.
Please let us know which documents you have. We'll respond with instructions on how to submit: (required)