The following items are prohibited from package delivery:
- People and animals
- Illegal items
- Firearms, weaponry, ammunition, and their parts
- Cannabis products
- Highly perishable food or beverages (e.g., raw meat or dairy products, etc.)
- Pharmaceutical products, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or supplements*
- Money, gift cards, lottery tickets, or transferable securities
- Recreational drugs, drug paraphernalia, or tobacco products
- Dangerous or hazardous items, including explosives, items that are poisonous or flammable (including paints or adhesives containing a flammable liquid), products identified as a hazardous product under the Hazardous Products Act, RSC 1985, c H-3 and regulations thereunder including the Hazardous Products Regulations, SOR/2015-17; nuclear substances; products, substances or organisms identified as dangerous goods under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, 1992, SC 1992, c 34 or identified as hazardous waste or hazardous recyclable material under the Export and Import of Hazardous Waste and Hazardous Recyclable Material Regulations, SOR/2005-149 or Interprovincial Movement of Hazardous Waste Regulations, SOR/2002-301; infectious substances or medical waste
- Stolen goods
- Fragile items
- Sexual aids or obscene or pornographic material
- Livestock, regulated species (e.g., noxious weeds, prohibited seeds, etc.), or animal parts, bloods, or fluids
- Any items for which you do not have permission to send
- Any items reasonably likely to be perceived by the recipient as threatening or harassing, or otherwise violating the Community Guidelines
*Unless either the pick up or drop-off location is a pharmacy or a healthcare facility
The above list of prohibited items isn't exhaustive. Uber retains the discretion to prohibit additional items that are not on the above list.
Packages must also follow the criteria below to be eligible for delivery on the platform:
- A combined maximum weight of 30 pounds
- Must fit comfortably in the trunk of a standard mid-size vehicle
- Should be closed, securely sealed, and ready for transport
You may cancel the trip at any time, including if the package contains prohibited items or doesn't follow the guidelines above, so long as you don't violate the Community Guidelines.
If you must cancel the trip while the package is in the trunk of your vehicle, please try to return the package to the requester or call Uber support for guidance before cancelling.
If you've accepted a package for delivery and believe it contains a prohibited item and/or have any safety concerns, please contact Uber Support for guidance or contact local authorities.