On March 6, 2020, we announced a coronavirus (COVID-19) financial assistance policy that is effective until April 6, 2020. We've shared details below to help you understand if you are eligible. After April 6, 2020, we will evaluate the situation and announce a new policy to move forward.
If you drive or deliver with Uber, you may be eligible for financial assistance for up to 14 days if you've received written documentation from a licensed doctor or government public health official showing that:
- You have COVID-19, or
- You were ordered to self-quarantine because you're suspected to have COVID-19
- If your document is an order for self-quarantine, it must include a description of your suspected risk of having COVID-19 and spreading it to others. Without these supporting details it does not meet the requirements.
- Any documents must contain your full name, the full name of the doctor or government public health official, their full contact information, and a diagnosis date or start date of quarantine.
- You must have taken at least one trip on the Uber platform in the 30 days before March 6, 2020, when our financial assistance policy was announced.
Please contact us through the form below if you have the right documentation. We'll respond with instructions on how to safely submit the documents for review. Please do not submit any documents through messages with our support team - they cannot be reviewed that way.
The following documents do not qualify for financial assistance:
- An order to self-quarantine because you are at risk of catching COVID-19
- An order to self-quarantine because people you live with at risk of catching COVID-19
- An order to self-quarantine because of other health conditions
- An order to self-quarantine as part of a city-wide quarantine
- An order to self-quarantine without any supporting detail
- A doctor's note that does not include a COVID-19 diagnosis or an order to self-quarantine because you're suspected to have COVID-19
Once we receive your documents and determine you're eligible for assistance, we'll aim to process your payment within 5-7 business days. We are currently experiencing high case volumes so appreciate your patience.
You can find more details about the financial assistance policy at the link below.