When item(s) are missing in an order or the order/item(s) are incorrect, we may refund customers on your behalf and then make adjustments from your pay.
Multiple factors are considered in each refund decision, and we have measures in place to protect against potentially fraudulent customer or delivery person reports.
Order error adjustments are included in:
- Your downloadable Order Errors reports within the Reports tab of your Restaurant Manager portal
- Your downloadable Payment Details report within the Reports tab of your Restaurant Manager portal
- Your Restaurant Manager Payments tab earnings details, flagged as "Order Error"
- Your weekly Payment Summary email, labeled as "Order Error Adjustments"
Customers may not report the order error in the same week the order was fulfilled. In those cases, adjustments may be reflected in subsequent weeks.
For more details please review:
REASONS FOR ORDER ERROR ADJUSTMENTS
Customers may be refunded and you may be responsible for covering those costs for the reasons below:
- Missing items: the customer didn't receive an item, or part of an item--Example: the customer ordered 1x Salad but did not receive the Salad, or the customer ordered 1x Burger Combo with French Fries + Soda, but did not receive the French Fries in the combo meal
- Incorrect items: the customer received an item but the item, or part of the item, was not as ordered--Example: the customer ordered 1x Chocolate Milkshake but received a Vanilla Milkshake, or the customer ordered 1x Large French Fries but received a Small French Fries
- Incorrect orders: the customer received an entire order that was incorrect (unless the delivery person was given multiple orders at once or delivers in more than half the expected time)--Example: the customer ordered 1x Cheese Pizza and 1x Salad, but received a Pepperoni Pizza and a Sandwich
Undelivered orders: the customer did not receive their entire order (only when using your own delivery staff)
BREAKDOWN OF ORDER ERROR ADJUSTMENTS
As outlined below, the amount adjusted on your payout will range from a portion up to the full cost for the item(s) with errors at the time of the order, including tax/VAT. For partially missing or incorrect items--often related to combo meal items that have an entree and side or drink included--the a la carte cost of the missing or incorrect portion of the item will be adjusted from your pay.
- Missing item(s): Entire item(s) food sales + tax/VAT or partial item(s) food sales + tax/VAT (a la carte menu price)
- Incorrect item(s): Entire item(s) food sales + tax/VAT or partial item(s) food sales + tax/VAT (a la carte menu price)
- Incorrect orders: Full order food sales + tax/VAT
- Undelivered orders: Full order food sales + tax/VAT
Please note that we retain the full Uber Service Fee for the entire order.
You will not be charged for any delivery or bag fees charged to the customer.
Total refunds are deducted directly from restaurant payouts and will be reflected on your pay statement within 1-2 weeks from the order date.
MINIMIZING ORDER ERROR ADJUSTMENTS
Adopting the below best practices can help to minimize order errors:
- Log in to your Restaurant Manager portal to ensure that your menu is up-to-date with the correct customizations and prices
- Check off items on a printed receipt to confirm the contents in the bag are accurate
- Seal each order bag with tamper-evident materials when an order is complete
- Write the five-digit order number on the bag for easy identification
- If there are multiple bags in a single order, number the bags ("1 of 2" and then "2 of 2", etc.)
- Double-check during handoff to ensure every bag gets picked up by the correct delivery person
MEASURES TO PROTECT AGAINST FRAUD
We take fraudulent behavior seriously and have filters in place to monitor user behavior--we will not make adjustments on suspicious refunds. Some of these measures include:
- Tracking excessive customer refund request rates
- Escalating special cases for review before refund
HOW TO SUBMIT A QUESTION ON ORDER ERROR ADJUSTMENTS
Please note that you must send us an email within 30 days of the order date and you can expect a response within 24 hours. All disputes will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and we cannot guarantee reversals.
If you think an order error adjustment was made in error or have a question: