You can receive up to $120 in Uber Cash annually by adding your American Express® Gold Card as a payment method on your Uber account.
The Amex Benefit in Uber Cash is distributed in monthly increments of $10. This amount can be used for Uber rides or Uber Eats orders in the United States. The Amex Benefit will expire at the end of each month and will not roll over to the following month.
The Amex Benefit will be automatically applied to the price of your ride or order, as long as you are not using a business profile. When your Amex Benefit isn't enough to cover the cost the primary payment method on your account will be charged for the difference.
Before requesting a trip or placing an order, you can manage when you want to use your Amex Benefit in Uber Cash. To do this:
1. Enter your destination in the Uber App or add items to your cart within the Uber Eats App.
2. Tap on your current payment method.
3. If you have a profile set up, select "Change."
4. Toggle Uber Cash on or off.
5. Return to the previous screen and request your ride.
To check your Uber Cash balance, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of your app and select "Wallet." From there, you can also view your Amex Benefit history by tapping your Uber Cash balance.
You'll receive the Amex Benefit each month as long as your card remains eligible and is a payment method on your Uber account. If your eligible card is added to multiple Uber accounts, the account that you added the card to first will receive the benefit.
If you already have an eligible card on your Uber account, the benefit will automatically be applied to your Uber Cash balance. To add an eligible card to your Uber account, go to the "Wallet" section of the Uber app and select "Add Payment Method."
Basic Card Members on a Consumer Gold Card are eligible. You'll receive $10 in Uber Cash each month for each eligible card on your Uber account.
To switch which Uber account gets the Amex Benefit:
1. Delete the eligible card as a payment method on the Uber account(s) with the eligible card on file that you do not wish to receive the benefit.*
2. Add the eligible card as a payment method on the Uber account you wish to receive the benefit. If the eligible card is already on this account, skip this step.
3. Complete steps 1 and 2 by 12:00am ET on the 1st day of the applicable month that you want the Amex Benefit to apply to the applicable account. The benefit will switch accounts for the new month.
*You can always re-add your eligible card to the additional account(s) after completing these steps if you wish to use the card as a payment method on those additional account(s).
American Express has additionally partnered with Uber to extend an offer that allows select American Express Consumer Card Members to receive a complimentary subscription to Eats Pass for up to 12 months. Eligible Card Members must enroll by December 31, 2021 to take advantage of the offer. Click on the link at the bottom of the page for additional details on the Eats Pass offer.
If you have specific questions about your American Express Card or other American Express benefits, please call the number on the back of your American Express Card.
For more information and to see the terms and conditions, please visit uber.com/amex.
If you have additional questions about this benefit, contact us below.