You can receive up to $200 in Uber Cash annually by adding your Consumer Platinum Card® or Centurion® Card from American Express as a payment method on your Uber account.
The Amex Benefit in Uber Cash is distributed in monthly increments of $15, plus a $20 bonus in December (for $35 total in December). This amount can be used for Uber services in the United States. The Amex Benefit will expire at the end of each month and will not roll over to the following month.
The Amex Benefit will be automatically applied to the price of your ride, as long as you are not using a business profile. When your Amex Benefit isn't enough to cover the cost of the ride, the primary payment method on your account will be charged for the difference.
Before requesting a trip, you can manage when you want to use your Amex Benefit in Uber Cash. To do this:
1. Enter your destination.
2. Tap on your current payment method.
3. If you have a profile set up, select "Change."
4. Toggle Uber Cash on or off.
5. Return to the previous screen and request your ride.
To check your Uber Cash balance, tap the menu icon in the top left corner of your app and select "Wallet." From there, you can also view your Amex Benefit history by tapping your Uber Cash balance.
You'll receive the Amex Benefit each month as long as your card remains eligible and is a payment method on your Uber account. If your eligible card is added to multiple Uber accounts, the account that you added the card to first will receive the benefit.
If you already have an eligible card on your Uber account, the benefit will automatically be applied to your Uber Cash balance. To add an eligible card to your Uber account, go to the "Wallet" section of the Uber app and select "Add Payment Method."
Basic Card Members on a Consumer Platinum Card or Centurion account are eligible. Additional Centurion Cards are also eligible. You'll receive $15 in Uber Cash each month (plus the $20 bonus in December) for each eligible card on your Uber account.
To switch which Uber account gets the Amex Benefit:
1. Delete the eligible card as a payment method on the Uber account(s) with the eligible card on file that you do not wish to receive the benefit.*
2. Add the eligible card as a payment method on the Uber account you wish to receive the benefit. If the eligible card is already on this account, skip this step.
3. Complete steps 1 and 2 by 12:00am ET on the 1st day of the applicable month that you want the Amex Benefit to apply to the applicable account. The benefit will switch accounts for the new month.
*You can always re-add your eligible card on the additional account(s) after completing these steps if you wish to use this eligible card as a payment method in those additional account(s).
Members with an eligible card will have access to UberVIP in select US markets. UberVIP is currently available in Atlanta, Dallas, Harrisburg, Houston, Nashville, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York City, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh.
If you have specific questions about your American Express Card or other American Express benefits, please call the number on the back of your American Express Card.
For more information and to see the terms and conditions, please visit uber.com/amex.
If you have additional questions about this benefit, contact us below.