Drive Pass is currently only available in the following cities:
Orange County, California
San Diego, California
San Francisco, California*
*Drive Pass has limited availability in San Francisco at this time.
Drive Pass offers drivers the opportunity to pay upfront and receive a 0% service fee on a certain number of trip requests over a 7 day period.
Example: A $100 Drive Pass might provide a driver with a 0% service fee on their next 50 UberX trip requests during a 7 day period.
If you're interested in trying Drive Pass and it's available in your city, you can buy one in the Driver app by following the steps below:
1. On the home menu, tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Tap "Drive Pass".
3. You should see details about Drive Pass. You can scroll down to see your offers.
4. Tap a Drive Pass option to see details of the terms associated with the option.
5. You can continue to scroll down to buy your Drive Pass. A second screen will appear asking you to agree to the Drive Pass Terms and Conditions and to confirm your purchase.
6. As a reminder, you will need an account balance of negative one dollar or more to purchase a Drive Pass. If you purchase a Drive Pass with a balance that doesn't fully cover the payment, your account will go into a negative balance and any initial earnings will go to paying the balance until it's covered.
- Every UberX, Español, WAV, Assist and Select trip request with Drive Pass counts toward your purchased requests, whether you accept, cancel, or decline. However, rider cancellations will not count.
- The number of trip requests you receive will depend on where, when, and how often you drive. Purchasing a Drive Pass does not guarantee you will receive a set number of trip requests.
- The seven day expiration time period for a Drive Pass can't be paused or temporarily suspended. Your pass will expire when you receive the set number of trip requests, which may be before the end of the seven day period.
- Drive Pass offerings update on Mondays at 2 PM your local time.
- If your account recently became active, you may not have access to Drive Pass until the beginning of the next week. You can check back the following Monday at 2 PM your local time to see if it's in your Driver app.
- Once purchased, Drive Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable even if you don't get the number of trip requests purchased or decline those requests.
- Only UberX, Español, WAV, Assist and Select trips qualify for Drive Pass.