PLEASE NOTE: In our efforts to help protect drivers, riders, and our community, we've suspended the Uber Pool product until further notice. This is in an effort to help flatten the curve and limit the spread of COVID-19.
With the trip type preference feature, you can select what type of requests you'd like to receive without having to go online on a different vehicle option.
To modify the trip types you want to receive for a vehicle:
1. Open the Driver app and tap the 3 horizontal lines in the bottom right of the screen. This will open the "Trip Planner."
2. Tap the Preferences icon in the bottom right corner of your "Trip Planner" screen.
3. Select the type of trip requests you'd like to receive while you're online.
4. Tap the trip type to stop receiving this type of trip request.
5. To reset your filters and receive all trip types, tap "Reset."
When you go online to drive, you'll only receive the trip types that are selected in your trip type preferences. If there is a certain trip type option not displaying in your preferences that you think you're eligible for, please write in through the form at the bottom of this page to let us know. We're happy to take a look.
You may find that certain trip type settings lead to fewer requests. Adjusting your settings to include all trip types will help you receive more trip requests.
WHY AM I MISSING THE PREFERENCES OPTION?
If you can't see the trip type preferences when you follow the steps outlined above, try the troubleshooting steps below to fix the issue:
- Delete and reinstall the app to ensure you have the most updated app version
- Force-quit the app. This is different than signing out and signing back in or restarting your phone, and helps the app catch up to the latest update.
- Wait at least 15 minutes. This also helps the app catch up with the recent update.
HOW MANY TIMES A DAY CAN I USE THE TRIP TYPE FEATURE?
You can modify your trip type settings as much as you'd like.
You can change your trip type settings anytime you're online. Your preferences will remain set even when you go offline. When you're ready to receive all types of requests, tap "Reset."
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DUPLICATE VEHICLE?
Since you can now select what type of requests you'd like to receive in your app, we've removed vehicle options that were created for specific trip types.
For example, if you previously had an "XL-only" vehicle, you are now able to decide what combination of trip types you'd like to receive at any given time without having to switch vehicle options.
HOW CAN I ACCEPT DELIVERIES WITH UBER EATS?
If Uber Eats is currently offered in your city, you can sign up to deliver through the link provided below.