The best way to get your item back is by contacting your driver.
If you left your item on a trip that someone else requested, that person should report the lost item through their own Uber app. This helps us connect to the right driver, faster.
A $15 fee is charged to your account once your lost item is returned to pay a driver for their time.
HOW TO CONTACT YOUR DRIVER
1. At the bottom of this page, enter a phone number where you can be contacted
2. We'll call the number you enter and connect you with the driver
3. Once you're connected with the driver:
- If they answer and confirm they found your item, find a mutually convenient time and place to coordinate a return
- If they don't answer, leave a detailed voicemail describing your item and the best way to contact you
NOTE: If you leave a voicemail and share a contact phone number with your driver, you understand that the driver may then contact you directly through that phone number. Your driver will then have that number indefinitely and/or as long as they choose to retain it.
. . .
Please be considerate of your driver's personal schedule - it may be affected by taking time out to return your item.
Drivers are independent contractors. Neither Uber nor drivers are responsible for the items left in a vehicle after a trip ends. We're here to help, but cannot guarantee that a driver has your item or can deliver it to you.