The restaurant industry is facing new and unpredictable challenges as the coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads in the United States and Canada. It's important to us that we support our partners in the industry, especially independently owned and operated restaurants.
We're making changes to help support independent restaurants in the United States and Canada that have been most significantly affected. These changes include:
- The delivery fee will be waived for all Uber Eats orders placed to independent restaurants (service
fees and small basket fees will still apply).
- Increased marketing efforts to highlight local independent restaurants in-app.
- Email marketing campaigns around local favorites, market-by-market.
- A new feature to help restaurants focus on food, not finances, during the uncertain weeks ahead.
Now restaurants can count on daily payouts, rather than weekly billing (opt-in below).
- To support the first responders of the coronavirus crisis, Uber Eats will work with local governments
to provide at least 300,000 free meals in the United States and Canada. Authorities can request
assistance by emailing email@example.com.
Based on guidance from public health authorities, restaurants are advised to follow these best practices on food safety and packaging:
- Ensure proper sanitation of surfaces, food handlers, and food preparation environments.
- Ensure all food is properly sealed in tamper-evident packaging.
- Ensure any locations where delivery people wait for orders are separate from food preparation
- Contact your local public health authority in the event of any suspected coronavirus cases.
OPT IN TO PICKUP
We are providing a limited time 0% pickup marketplace fee* offer for all restaurants in available markets that have the feature enabled. If you do not have the pickup feature but wish to enable it, please click the form below or reach out to your Account Manager.
Please select the following answers in the form:
- Reason for contacting support: "Account & Settings"
- Sub-Reason: "Issue Not Listed"
- Do you currently work with Uber Eats?: "Yes"
- Please describe the question/issue you have?: "Pickup"
OPT IN TO DAILY PAY
You can sign up for Daily Pay through the form below starting March 17, 2020 or through Restaurant Manager starting March 23, 2020. However, if you have over 10 locations please speak to your Account Manager.
Once you've signed up, please allow one day for Daily Pay to take effect and another 3-4 days for the first Daily Pay payment to reach your bank account.
You'll be able to view Daily Pay payments in Restaurant Manager the same as you would your weekly pay statements.
Daily Pay will be available for no additional fee until Friday, July 17, 2020.
You will retain 100% of bookings from Uber Eats pickup orders for a limited time, after which the commission will return to the signed contract rate. You will receive an email from Uber Eats at least 7 business days prior to the marketplace fee returning to your contract rate. This offer is only valid in markets in which Uber Eats offers the pickup feature.