The restaurant industry is facing new and unpredictable challenges as the coronavirus spreads in the United States & Canada, and it's important to us that we support our partners in the industry, especially independently-owned and operated restaurants.
As we face the uncertainty of this health crisis together with our restaurant partners, we're making changes to help support independent restaurants in the U.S. & Canada that have been most significantly affected. These changes include:
- The Delivery Fee will be waived for all Uber Eats orders placed to independent restaurants (service fees and small basket fees will continue to apply)
- We've redoubled marketing efforts to highlight local independent restaurants in-app
- We're launching email marketing campaigns around local favorites, market-by-market
- We're introducing a new product feature to help restaurants focus on food, not finances, during the uncertain weeks ahead. Now restaurants can count on daily payouts, rather than weekly billing (opt-In via form below)
- And lastly, to support the first responders of the coronavirus crisis, Uber Eats will work with local governments to provide at least 300,000 free meals in the U.S. and Canada. Authorities can request assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on guidance from public health authorities, restaurants are advised to follow best practices on food safety and packaging. This includes:
- Ensuring proper sanitation of surfaces, food handlers, and food preparation environments
- Ensuring all food is properly sealed in tamper-evident packaging
- Ensuring any locations where delivery people wait for orders are separate from food preparation areas
- Restaurants are advised to contact their local public health authority in the event of any suspected coronavirus cases
Opting into Pick-up
We are providing a limited time 0% pickup marketplace fee* offer for all restaurants in available markets that have the feature enabled. If you do not have the pickup feature but wish to enable it, please click the form below or reach out to your Account Manager.
Please indicate the following in the form below:
- Reason for contacting support? [ACCOUNT & SETTINGS]
- Sub-Reason [ISSUE NOT LISTED]
- Do you currently work with Uber Eats? [YES]
- Please describe the question you have
*You will retain 100% of bookings from Uber Eats pickup orders for a limited time, after which the commission will return to the signed contract rate. You will receive an email from Uber Eats at least seven business days prior to the marketplace fee returning to your contract rate. This offer is only valid in markets in which Uber Eats offers the pickup feature.
Opting into Daily Pay
You can sign up for Daily Pay via one of the forms below from March 17th, 2020 or via Restaurant Manager from March 23rd. However, if you have over 10 locations please speak to your Account Manager
Once you've signed up, please allow one day for Daily Pay to take effect and another 3-4 days for the first Daily Pay payment to reach your bank account.
You will be able to view Daily Pay payments in Restaurant Manager as you would normally be able to view your weekly pay statements.
Daily Pay will be available for no additional fee until Monday, August 31.