WHAT IS HOURLY DRIVER?
Hourly Driver will allow you to book a driver partner and car by the hour to help get all your essential travels done with the same driver.
Hourly Driver is a new product in response to COVID-19 and will be a temporary option in the Uber app for riders in Tokyo 23 wards (exclude Haneda Airport).
HOW MANY PASSENGERS CAN RIDE IN THE CAR?
WHAT'S THE PRICING FOR HOURLY DRIVER?
The trip will be a set rate per hour, with a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 5 hours.
Riders will be charged ¥6,000 for the first hour and then it will be prorated ¥100 per minute after that.
HOW MANY DESTINATIONS CAN I GO TO?
There is no limit to the number of destinations for the Hourly Driver feature.
HOW DO I REQUEST HOURLY DRIVER?
1. Enter your first stop in the Uber app as you normally would
2. Choose Hourly Driver as your ride
3. Tap Confirm Hourly Driver. The upfront price shown will be the minimum for the first hour (travel will be charged per minute thereafter).
4. Send your driver an in-app message to let them know how long you think you might need them
5. As the trip goes on, you'll need to update each stop in the app, including your final stop
TIPS FOR HOURLY DRIVER TRIPS
Once you're matched with a driver-partner, please contact them to coordinate the following:
- Where you're going (i.e. the destination, the stops)
- How long the trip will be (i.e. the number of hours)
If you and your driver-partner can't come to an agreement on the trip arrangements, please cancel the trip and request a new trip with an hourly driver.
Please let the driver cancel the trip if the trip arrangement and communication with the driver took longer than 5 min to avoid cancellation fee.
If you're having an issue with an Hourly Driver trip, let us know here: