From Feb 22 th, 2023, a surcharge (travel business handling fee. “Surcharge”) will be charged in addition to the current Meter fee and Booking Fee for Uber Taxi trip from Tokyo 23 wards.
Please refer to the details below.
- Service Type : Uber Taxi
- Area: Uber Taxi trip from Tokyo 23 wards
- Surcharge : 100 yen / trip (including tax)
- Payment: In-App Payment
Travel business handling fees’ posting is here
- Surcharge is applied for the trips which are requested through Uber app from the applicable area.
- Surcharge is charged for every Taxi trip from Tokyo 23 wards except airport flat fee trip.
- Surcharge will not be charged If you match with a taxi company registered outside of Tokyo.
- You can see if Surcharge is applied for your trip from “ i logo “ on the bottom right corner showed after selecting Taxi.
- Surcharge will not be charged for a canceled trip before the onboarding, however, cancellation fee might be charged based on the cancellation policy.
- You will charge the sum of meter fee and Surcharge for a canceled trip after onboarding.
- “VAN booking fee” (for Uber Premium) will be displayed as “Surcharge” in the breakdown, but please note that this fee is different from the Surcharge (travel business handling fee). You can see the breakdown from the “i” mark under the vehicle type in the display upon the ride request.