WHAT IS UBER CENTRAL?
Uber Central is a tool available to Uber for Business account holders that lets you request, manage, and pay for rides for others, at scale. Organizations can use Uber Central to get their customers, patients, guests, and clients where they need them, at no cost to the individual.
ACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
To activate Uber Central, your organization must have an Uber for Business account. When you create an Uber for Business account and enable Uber Central, your account will have to be approved before you can start requesting rides with Uber Central. This can take up to three business days.
If your organization doesn't already have an account, they can register at the link below:
Once you have enrolled your organization in Uber for Business, follow these steps to activate Uber Central:
1. Log in with your existing personal rider account. This is just for authentication purposes. Your personal ride information will not be shared with your organization.
2. Tell us how you plan on using your Uber for Business account. The options are Central (employees can request trips for customers) and Travel (all employees can request trips for themselves)
3. Select "Central"
4. Add a credit card to the account. This card will be charged for all trips taken through the organization's account.
5. Open the "Employees" tab to add users to the account. Every employee added will have access to Uber Central.
ACTIVATING EMPLOYEE UBER FOR BUSINESS ACCOUNTS
If you are an employee who has been invited to use an organization's Uber for Business account by an administrator, follow these steps:
1. Open your account verification email
2. Log in using your personal Uber account, or create a new one if you do not have one
3. Verify your identity
REQUESTING A RIDE WITH UBER CENTRAL
To request a ride with Uber Central:
1. Log into central.uber.com
2. Select the account you want to request the ride through
3. Open the "New Ride" tab
4. Enter your rider's name, phone number, pickup and dropoff locations, and desired vehicle class
If a rider has a mobile phone, they will receive an SMS with their driver's details. If they have a landline, the driver will call the rider when they arrive at the pickup location.
DO RIDERS NEED AN UBER ACCOUNT?
No, Uber Central allows you to request a ride for anyone. Riders don't need to be existing users, or even have a smartphone. You just need the phone number of the Uber Central rider so their drivers can reach them when they arrive at the pickup location.
ARE THERE RIDE LIMITS?
The number of rides you can request via Uber Central is determined by the type of Uber for Business account your organization has created.
Standard Uber for Business accounts can demo Central with a limited number of rides. For regular business usage, you'll need to upgrade to a Premium Uber for Business account to ensure you can reliably request enough rides for your customers.
HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?