If an order is in progress and a delivery person hasn’t already been dispatched, use Uber Eats Orders to notify the customer that you’ve run out of an item:
- Tap the order.
- Tap the three dots next to the item that is not available, then tap “Out of stock”.
- Tap the check box to select the item(s) as out of stock.
- Tap “Mark out of stock” to notify the customer (wait to hear back before you prepare this order - the customer has 10 minutes to confirm whether they want to continue with this order or update it).
NOTE: You may not see the option Out of Stock. This depends on how the customer placed the order or if a delivery person has already been dispatched. If you don’t see this, select Contact Customer instead by tapping on Manage Order in the top right section of the order info screen.
If other menu items are affected:
- You’ll see a prompt to “Go to menu.”
- For each menu item, mark “Sold out today” or “Sold out indefinitely.”
- Tap “Submit.”
- Items marked as “Sold out today” are hidden from customers until the following day
- Items marked as “Sold out indefinitely” remain unavailable until you change it to “Available”
If you’d like to learn more, please visit our articles How to adjust the price of an order and How to cancel an order.