Adding and selecting a preferred payment method will allow you to request a ride. You can add payment methods including credit and debit cards, PayPal, Venmo, digital wallets and Uber gift cards. When a ride ends, your selected payment method is charged.
During a ride, use your app to check that your preferred payment method is selected. Swipe up from the bottom of the app and tap your desired payment method before the trip ends.
ADD A PAYMENT METHOD
1. Select "Wallet" from your app menu.
2. Tap "Add Payment Method".
3. Add a payment method by manually entering the card info, scanning a card, or adding an alternative payment type.
SCAN A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
1. To scan a card, tap the camera icon. Your phone may ask permission for the Uber app to use the camera.
2. Center your card in your phone's screen so that all 4 corners flash green. Cards with embossed letters and numbers are typically easiest to scan.
3. Enter the card's expiration date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code.
4. Tap SAVE.
MANUALLY ADD A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
1. Enter your card number.
2. Enter the expiration date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code.
3. Tap SAVE.
UPDATE CARD INFO
You can edit a debit or credit card's expiration date, CCV number, and billing zip or postal code. If you have an Uber for Business profile, you can also change the profile your card is associated with by selecting Settings from your menu. Select Profiles to get started.
1. Select "Payment" from your app menu.
2. Select the payment option you'd like to update.
3. Tap the three dot icon, then tap edit.
4. Make changes, then tap "SAVE" when you're done.
While a debit or credit card number can't be edited, a card can be removed from your account and then added again as a new payment method. Read on to learn how.
DELETE A PAYMENT METHOD
Your account must have at least one payment method at all times. If you wish to delete your only payment method, you'll need to add a new one first.
1. Select "Payment" from your menu.
2. Select the card you'd like to delete.
3. Tap the three dot icon in the upper right corner.
4. Tap DELETE, then confirm.