Uber driver-partners must:
- be at least 21 years old
- have at least one year of driving experience in the U.S.
- have at least 3 years of driving experience if under 23
- vehicle must seat 4 passenger seats (not including the driver)
- consent to and pass a background check
- use an eligible 4-door vehicle
For information on vehicle eligibility and specific required documents see the link below, pick the city you'd like to drive in, and click "Requirements".
In order to complete the signup process and start taking trips, please upload:
- your valid driver's license
- proof of valid vehicle registration
- proof of insurance for the vehicle listed on your account (your name must be on the insurance document)
- your banking information
Note that the requirements vary by city, and you may be required to complete additional onboarding steps.