Some organizations in select markets are charged when they reach or exceed the following spending thresholds:
For example, your charges could work like this:
- The first user spends $20 on a ride.
- We’ll charge your payment method for $20 because you reached the $20 threshold.
- If the payment is successful, your new threshold is $40.
- The next user spends $30. This amount is lower than the new $40 threshold, so you won’t be charged yet.
- Another user spends $15. Now the total spent since your last charge is $45, which exceeds the $40 threshold.
- We’ll charge your payment method for $45.
- If the payment is successful, your new threshold becomes $80.
- Thresholds may continue to increase in the same way after each charge.
You’ll be charged daily for any remaining balance, even if you don’t reach the next threshold. For example, if your current threshold is $40, and users only spend $25, we’ll still charge you $25 at the end of the day.
For other questions about spending thresholds, please contact Support.