How do taxes work as a delivery partner with Uber Eats? What if I'm a delivery partner with Uber Eats and a ridesharing driver-partner?

When you drive with the Uber driver app, you’re an independent contractor. Similar to a small business owner, you’ll want to report your income for the year and pay applicable taxes. This applies to earnings on both Uber rides and Uber Eats.

You are responsible to collect, remit, and file sales tax on all your ridesharing trips to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

Unlike rides with Uber, drivers who earn with Uber Eats are only obligated to register, collect and remit sales tax from the moment they reach $30,000 of revenue over the past 4 quarters.

This includes revenue you make on Uber rides, Uber Eats, and any other sources of business income.

Each individual’s tax situation is different and could be impacted by earnings made outside of the Uber app.

If you are responsible to collect sales tax based on this threshold, you will need to provide Uber Eats your HST/GST registration number.

You can log into your Uber profile and input your number by following these instructions:

  1. Go to
  2. Go to the tab ‘Invoice Settings’
  3. Complete all of the fields including ‘Vat Status and Settings’
  4. Click the checkbox under ‘Disclaimer’
  5. Hit ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page
  6. We’ll start to collect GST/HST and it will appear on your invoices

Once you are registered through the Uber profile we will collect sales tax on your behalf.

Note that the amounts collected as sales tax will be entirely returned to you.

You will be required to remit a portion of these taxes at the end of the year to CRA.