The following items are prohibited from package delivery:
- Illegal items
- Firearms, weaponry, and their parts
- Highly perishable food or beverages (e.g., raw meat or dairy products)
- Pharmaceutical products, over-the-counter medications, vitamins or supplements
- Recreational drugs, drug paraphernalia, or tobacco products
- Money, giftcards, lottery tickets or transferable securities
- Dangerous or hazardous items, including explosives, items that are poisonous or flammable, medical waste and other dangerous or hazardous items as described in the applicable regulations
- Stolen goods
- Fragile items
The above list of prohibited items isn't exhaustive. Uber retains the discretion to prohibit additional items that are not on the above list.
You may cancel the trip at any time, including if the package contains prohibited items or doesn't follow the guidelines, so long as you don't violate the Community Guidelines.
If you must cancel the trip while the package is in the trunk of your vehicle, please try to return the package to the requester or contact Uber support for guidance before cancelling.
If you've accepted a package for delivery and believe it contains a prohibited item and/or have any safety concerns, please contact Uber Support for guidance or contact local authorities.