The New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) limits the number of work time hours that drivers with a P Endorsement can undertake. Work time includes (but is not limited to) all time spent driving, or performing work-related duties.
Small passenger service drivers must adhere to the following work time requirements:
- Work time must not exceed 13 hours in a cumulative work day, and then drivers must take a rest time of at least 10 hours
- After 7 hours of continuous work time, drivers must take a rest time of at least 30 minutes
- Work time must not exceed 70 hours in a cumulative work period, and then drivers must take a rest time of at least 24 hours
Please see the NZTA's work time and logbooks guide for further information.
Depending on whether you hold your own Small Passenger Service Licence (SPSL) or not, you will fall into one of the following two categories:
- Uber requirements for driver-partners using Uber's SPSL.
Uber, as a Small Passenger Service facilitator, is required to collect and retain copies of your Logbook.
Driver-partners who drive under Uber's Small Passenger Service Licence are required to download and use the Logmate App to record their work time.
- Uber requirements for driver-partners using their own SPSL.
Driver-partners who hold their own SPSL and upload the corresponding TSL label to their driver-partner account are able to use any NZTA approved means to record their work time. This includes physical logbooks.
If you have a question about using Logmate, whether you are required to use Logmate or a question that wasn't specifically addressed here, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.
The more information you can provide, the faster we'll be able to help.