Uber Connect - Package Delivery FAQ
WHAT IS UBER CONNECT?
Uber Connect is an additional earnings opportunity that allows drivers to receive package delivery requests via the Uber app.
Accepting a package request is similar to accepting a ride request. You'll receive a package delivery request in the Driver app, and you can choose to accept or decline it.
WHAT CAN I DELIVER?
You can deliver packages that:
- Don't contain any prohibited items (see list of prohibited items below)
- Have a per-trip combined maximum weight of 30 pounds
- Fit comfortably in the trunk of your vehicle
- Are closed, securely sealed, and ready to be delivered
WHAT IS MEET AT DOOR?
1. If you've already opted in to Uber Connect, you'll automatically start seeing "Meet at door" requests.
2. After accepting a request, you'll be able to see which type of pickup and delivery the user selected: "Meet at door" or "Meet at curb."
3. Meet the recipient at the dropoff location to deliver the package. The recipient should retrieve the package from you either at the curb or at the door, depending on which delivery option is selected.
CAN I CANCEL A DELIVERY REQUEST?
Yes. You may decline a request to pick up and deliver a package or cancel the delivery, as long as you don't violate Uber's Community Guidelines.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To deliver packages, you must sign up via the email you received or from Work Hub in the Driver app, and accept new terms in the Driver app.
This opportunity is currently only available to those who received the invitation because Uber Connect is launching in select cities only. We'll let you know if it becomes available to other drivers.
HOW TO ACCEPT REQUESTS
Accepting package delivery requests is similar to accepting rider trip requests:
1. Accept the Uber Connect request in the Driver app.
2. After you arrive at the sender's pickup location, the requestor will meet you at your vehicle and place the package in the vehicle. The sender may follow the delivery through their app and share trip details with the recipient.
3. Arrive at the designated dropoff location, where the recipient will retrieve the package from your vehicle.
WHAT IF THE RECIPIENT ISN'T AT THE DROPOFF LOCATION?
If the recipient isn't at the dropoff location within 5 minutes of your arrival, please don't end the trip. Instead, contact the sender through the app to try to coordinate the dropoff.
The on-trip agenda will include the recipient's name, drop off address, and an option to call them or send them a message through the app. To contact the sender, scroll down to the delivery details then tap the 3 dots. You will see an option to call or message them directly.
If the sender or recipient:
- Asks you to return the package to the pickup location, the fare for the return trip will be added to the overall trip fare.
- Asks you to leave the package at the recipient's door, they must do so in writing as part of the special delivery instructions or in a message within the app.
If you've waited more than 5 minutes at the dropoff location and can't get in touch with the sender or recipient, please contact Uber Support for help.
HOW & WHEN TO EXPECT A CANCELLATION FEE
Your time is valuable. You will be compensated with a cancellation fee as long as you have reached or are en-route to the pickup location before the delivery is cancelled by the rider.
For specific details on our cancellation fee process, or to request a cancellation fee, check the link below:
HOW DO I OPT-OUT?
Item delivery trips can be toggled on and off by following these steps:
1. Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom right hand corner
2. Tap the driving preferences icon in the right hand corner
3. Tap the icon labeled "Connect" to turn off requests
4. Tap "Save" to update your preferences