WHAT IS UBER CONNECT?
Uber Connect is an additional earnings opportunity that allows drivers to receive package delivery requests via the Uber app.
Accepting a package request is similar to accepting a ride request. You'll receive a package delivery request in the Driver app, and you can choose to accept or decline it.
WHAT CAN I DELIVER?
You can deliver packages that:
- Don't contain any prohibited items (see list of prohibited items below)
- Have a per-trip combined maximum weight of 15 kg and combined maximum value of GHS 230.
- Fit comfortably in the trunk of your vehicle
- Are closed, securely sealed, and ready to be delivered
CAN I CANCEL A DELIVERY REQUEST?
Yes. You may decline a request to pick up and deliver a package or cancel the delivery, as long as you don't violate Uber's Community Guidelines.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To deliver packages, you must sign up via the email you received or from Work Hub in the Driver app, and accept new terms in the Driver app.
This opportunity is currently only available to those who received the invitation because Uber Connect is launching in select cities only. We'll let you know if it becomes available to other drivers.
HOW TO ACCEPT REQUESTS
Accepting package delivery requests is similar to accepting rider trip requests:
1. Accept the Uber Connect request in the Driver app.
2. After you arrive at the requester's pickup location, the requestor will meet you at your vehicle or at the door. The requester may follow the delivery through their app and share trip details with the recipient.
3. Arrive at the designated dropoff location, where the recipient will retrieve the package at the specified drop-off point, as selected in the app.
WHAT IF THE RECIPIENT ISN'T AT THE DROPOFF LOCATION?
If the recipient isn't at the dropoff location within 5 minutes of your arrival, please don't end the trip. Instead, contact the requester through the app to try to coordinate the dropoff with the recipient. If the requester:
- Asks you to return the package to the pickup location, the fare for the return trip will be added to the overall trip fare.
- Asks you to leave the package at the recipient's door, they must do so in writing as part of the special delivery instructions or in a message within the app.