WHAT IS UBER CONNECT?
Uber Connect is an additional earnings opportunity that allows drivers to receive package delivery requests via the Uber app.
Accepting a package request is similar to accepting a ride request. You'll receive a package delivery request in the Driver app, and you can choose to accept or decline it.
WHAT CAN I DELIVER?
You can deliver packages that:
- Don't contain any prohibited items (see list of prohibited items below)
- Have a per-trip combined maximum weight of 5 kg with dimensions 10-inch x 10-inch x 10 inch
and no high-value item
- Fit comfortably in a shoulder bag
- Are closed, securely sealed, and ready to be delivered
CAN I CANCEL A DELIVERY REQUEST?
Yes. You may decline a request to pick up and deliver a package or cancel the delivery, as long as you don't violate Uber's Community Guidelines.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To deliver packages, you must check for the "Introducing Uber Connect" message in your Uber inbox. Once you get the message, proceed in a step by step manner to accept the terms and conditions to activate Uber Connect.
This opportunity is currently only available to those who received the invitation because Uber Connect is launching in select cities only. We'll let you know if it becomes available to other drivers.
HOW TO ACCEPT REQUESTS
Accepting package delivery requests is similar to accepting rider trip requests:
1. Accept the Uber Connect request in the Driver app.
2. After you arrive at the requester's pickup location, the requester will meet you at your vehicle and hand over the package. The requester may follow the delivery through their app and share trip details with the recipient.
3. Arrive at the designated dropoff location, where the recipient will collect the package from you.
WHAT IF THE RECIPIENT ISN'T AT THE DROP OFF LOCATION?
If the recipient isn't at the dropoff location within 5 minutes of your arrival, please don't end the trip. Instead, contact the requester through the app to try to coordinate the dropoff with the recipient. If the requester:
- Asks you to return the package to the pickup location, request the requester to update the drop-off address in the app.
- Asks you to leave the package at the recipient's door, they must do so in writing as part of the special delivery instructions or in a message within the app.
If you can't get in touch with the requestor, please contact Uber Support for help.