To create an account, we require both personal and vehicle documents, such as a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance.
To upload documents to your account, sign in to drivers.uber.com to visit your dashboard or follow these steps in the Driver app:
- Open the Driver app.
- Tap the menu (three lines) on the top left corner.
- Tap “Account”.
- Tap “Documents”.
- Choose the document you want to upload.
- Tap “Take Photo”.
If you’re notified that one of your documents is rejected or expired, it may because:
- You did not meet the eligibility requirements
- Your vehicle did not meet the vehicle requirements
- Your uploaded document(s) had issues
Below are some common document issues:
- The photo is blurry or dark
- The photo is not of the original document
- The photo does not include all 4 corners of the document
- The document is not the correct type that we requested
- The document expired or is expiring soon
- The document is illegible
- The document is missing information
Make sure your documents are correct before submitting them for approval. Uploaded documents generally require 1-5 days for review.