All vehicles operating on the Uber platform must meet the following requirements:
- must have 4 doors and be able to transport a minimum of 4 passengers
- title cannot be salvaged, reconstructed, or rebuilt.
- rental vehicles - except those from an approved Uber rental company - are not allowed (click on the link below if you're interested in using an approved rental vehicle)
- cannot have any cosmetic damage, missing pieces, commercial branding or taxi paint jobs.
- for VA access, must be 15 model years old or newer
- for DC access, must be 10 model years old or newer
- for MD access, must be 12 model years old or newer
Should you choose to drive a vehicle you do not personally own, you must be listed as an insured driver on this vehicle's insurance policy. Please note that Uber cannot approve a vehicle if the driver's name is not on the insurance document.