We're here to help

What tax documents will I receive?

As an independent contractor, you may receive a 1099-K, 1099-NEC, and/or 1099-MISC form.

Only drivers who received more than $20,000 in gross trip earnings and conducted more than 200 trips in the past calendar year are eligible. If you do not meet both of these thresholds, you will not receive a 1099-K.
Note: Certain states have implemented lower reporting thresholds. Therefore, you might receive a 1099-K for amounts that are below $20,000. In addition, drivers and delivery people who have backup withholding during the year will receive a 1099-K regardless of any federal or States thresholds. Backup withholding tax will be reported in Box 4 on 1099-K form.

We'll provide you with a 1099-NEC if you received at least $600 in non-rider earnings (i.e. referrals, on-trip promotions). You may also receive a 1099-MISC form if you received at least $600 in other income such as prizes, legal settlement, etc.

If you meet these requirements, these documents should be available on your Driver App under Account > Tax Info > Tax Forms tab and your Driver Dashboard by January 31, 2021.

If you meet these requirements and opted to receive a physical copy of your tax documents, you should receive your tax documents in the mail after February 1, 2021.

If you don't qualify for either type of 1099, you'll still receive an Uber Tax Summary by January 31, 2021. This Tax Summary will give you the annual earnings information you need to easily file your taxes.
Sign in to get help