You can receive up to $200 in credits annually by adding your Platinum Card® or Centurion® Card from American Express as a payment method on your Uber account.
Credits are distributed in monthly increments of $15, plus a $20 bonus in December (for $35 in total credits). Amex credits can be used for Uber services in the US. Any unused credits expire at the end of each month and will not roll over to the following month.
The Basic Card Member is eligible to receive this benefit. Additional Card Members are not eligible. You'll receive $15 credits each month (plus the $20 bonus in December) for each eligible card on your Uber account.
If you already have an eligible card on your Uber account, credits will automatically be applied to your account. To add an eligible card to your Uber account, go to the Payment section of the Uber app and select "Add a Payment Method".
How to use your Amex credits in the Uber app:
1. Enter your destination on the home screen.
2. Tap the payment info at the bottom of the next screen.
3. If you have a business or personal profile, tap "Change payment method." If you don't have a profile set up, you can skip this step. Amex credits cannot be applied when using an UberFAMILY profile. Amex credits will not be applied by default when using a business profile.
4. On the Payment Options screen, you can select to turn Amex credits on or off.
If toggled on, Amex credits will be applied to your fare. If there is a balance remaining, it will be charged to your default payment method. You will see when Amex credits are applied against your fare on the receipt. You can also view your remaining Amex credits balance by tapping "Payment" in the main menu of your Uber app.
You will receive Amex credits each month as long as your eligible card is a payment method on your Uber account. If your eligible card is added to multiple Uber accounts, the account that you added the card to first will receive the Amex credits.
How to switch which Uber account gets Amex credits:
1. Delete the eligible card as a payment method on the Uber account(s) with the eligible card on file that you do not wish to receive the benefit.*
2. Add the eligible card as a payment method on the Uber account you wish to receive the benefit. If the eligible card is already on this account, skip this step.
3. Complete steps 1 and 2 by 12:00am EST on the 1st day of the applicable month that you want the Amex credits to apply to the applicable account. The benefit will switch accounts for the new month.
*You can re-add your eligible card on the additional account(s) after completing these steps if you wish to use this eligible card as a payment method.
Members with an eligible card will have access to request UberVIP in select US markets. UberVIP is available in the following markets: Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville, New Jersey, New Orleans, and New York City.
If you have specific questions about your American Express card or other American Express benefits, please call the number on the back of your American Express card.
For more information please visit uber.com/amex
If you have additional questions about this benefit, contact us below.