Restaurants interested in receiving daily pay can opt-in via Restaurant Manager starting March 23, 2020. Once opted in, restaurants will start receiving daily disbursements a few days afterwards (allowing one day + bank settlement duration, which is usually 2-3 business days).
Free daily pay disbursements will be active from March 23, 2020 to December 31, 2020. Daily pay will still be available after December 31, 2020 but as a monetized feature.
Q: How are restaurants currently paid?
- Restaurants are currently paid on a weekly basis
- Earnings of the previous week are calculated on Monday and payments are sent to banks to be processed
- Banks usually settle transactions within 2 - 3 business days
Q: How will daily payout work?
- Restaurants interested in receiving daily pay can opt-in via Restaurant Manager starting March 23, 2020
- Once opted in, restaurants will start receiving daily disbursements a few days afterwards (allowing one day and bank settlement duration, which is usually 2-3 business days)
- Daily pay disbursements will be active until December 31, 2020
- Users logging in on behalf of multi-location restaurants will be able to choose whether to opt individual stores or all of their stores into the daily pay program
Please note: Banks will not process payments on Saturday and Sunday. Expect your Friday and weekend payments to be processed on the following Monday.
Q: Will all restaurants be able to opt-in to this new feature?
- Yes, all restaurants will be able to opt-in.
- You need your Restaurant Manager details to log in and go to the payments tab in Restaurant Manager and click on "Daily Payment opt-in"
- If you have forgotten your password to Restaurant Manager, you can reset it at restaurant.uber.com
Q: How will this help restaurants?
- We've heard from restaurants that they're worried about a slow down in business, and how this might impact their cash flow and ability to pay suppliers or employees
- That's why we've decided to provide restaurants with the option to receive daily payouts rather than waiting until the end of the week to see revenue from deliveries
Q: How does this affect my pay statements and my invoices?
- You will receive a daily payment summary email
- Yet Uber Eats will continue to make invoices available on a weekly basis.
- You can still download these weekly invoices from the payment section in Restaurant Manager
Q: Does this change the way payouts are calculated?
- No. All taxes and fees are calculated on a per-order basis
- Changing the payout frequency has no impact on these calculations
Q: Do daily payments come with additional costs?
- Daily payments do not incur any fees
Q: Can I opt-out again?
- You can use the same function in Restaurant Manager to revert back to weekly payments
- Payments should revert back to a weekly schedule after 24 hours
Please note: Even if you don't opt-out, we plan to revert back to weekly payments after December 31, 2020.