The American Express Corporate Card Benefit has changed as of October 27, 2021. A new Uber Cash benefit has replaced the Uber Rewards benefit on eligible Corporate Card products. Any existing Uber Rewards points will still be available to you for use through your Uber profile.
Anyone with a US-issued American Express® Corporate Card--Green, Gold, or Platinum--is eligible. All you have to do is create a business profile in the Uber app, save your Corporate Card as the business profile payment method, and enroll in the new benefit to receive Uber Cash on eligible transitions.
Card Members who were enrolled in the Uber Rewards benefit have been auto-enrolled in the new Uber Cash benefit and should have received an email from Uber the day that the new Uber Cash benefit launched. New Card Members will be prompted to enroll when adding their card.
Once enrolled, simply ride or order with your business profile and eligible American Express Corporate Card to begin earning Uber Cash.
To create a business profile:
1. Tap on the menu and select "Wallet."
2. Scroll down to "Ride Profiles" and select "Add business profile."
Select your American Express® Corporate Card as the default payment method on the business profile to make sure you receive Uber Cash on your eligible transactions.
1. When requesting a ride, toggle to your business profile from the vehicle selection screen.
2. Select the profile to see "Payment options."
3. If the American Express® Corporate Card has been added to your account, look for a checkmark next to the card.
4. Once your eligible ride is complete, any earned Uber Cash will automatically populate in your Uber Account.
Uber Cash can be earned on amounts paid by Card Members enrolled in the benefit for Uber Eats orders, Pool/Express Pool, UberX, XL, WAV/Assist, Comfort, Connect, Pet, Select, Green, Black, and Black SUV trips, and tips to delivery people or drivers.
When you meet the eligibility requirements listed above and ride with Uber or order with Uber Eats using your American Express® Corporate Card on your Uber business profile, you'll earn the following Uber benefits:
- Corporate Green Card Members will earn 3% Uber Cash on eligible spend when they ride for business and on Uber Eats orders when booked through a business profile and charged to their Corporate Green Card.
- Corporate Gold and Corporate Platinum Card Members will earn 5% Uber Cash on eligible spend when they ride for business and on Uber Eats orders when booked through a business profile and charged to their Corporate Platinum or Corporate Gold Card.
Please note that Card Members will not earn Uber Cash on car rentals, cancellation fees, portions of trips covered by a promotional value, portions of trips covered by another user through split fare, external trip fees such as damage or cleaning fees, upfront purchases of Uber Cash, credits, or subscription passes, and taxi, bike, and scooter rides.
UBER CASH SUMMARY
Uber Cash is a payment option that can be used toward rides with Uber and orders with Uber Eats as well as bikes and scooters in the U.S.
Before requesting a trip, you can manage when you want to use your Uber Cash. To do this:
1. Enter your destination.
2. Tap on your current payment method.
3. If you have a profile set up, select "Change."
4. Toggle Uber Cash on or off.
5. Return to the previous screen and request your ride.
To check your Uber Cash balance, tap the menu icon in your app and select "Wallet."
If at any time, you downgrade your American Express® Corporate Card, you will be eligible for benefits associated with the downgraded card. If you delete your business profile, you will no longer be eligible for the benefit. For more information on the benefit, please visit www.uber.com/u/amex-corp-card/.
If you have specific questions about your American Express® Corporate Card or other American Express benefits, please call the number on the back of your American Express Card.