American Express has partnered with Uber to offer a benefit that allows American Express Corporate Card Members to earn extra rewards points through Uber Rewards.
To become eligible for this benefit, you'll need to join Uber Rewards, book a ride on your business profile in the app, and charge the ride to your American Express Corporate Card. If you don't already have a business profile, you can create one directly from the Uber app. To do this:
1. Tap on the menu in the top left corner and select "Wallet."
2. Scroll down to "Ride Profiles" and select "Add business profile."
Select your American Express Corporate Card as the payment method on the business profile to make sure you always earn extra rewards points through Uber Rewards:
1. When requesting a ride, toggle to your business profile from the vehicle selection screen.
2. Select the profile to see "Payment options."
3. If the American Express Corporate Card has been added to your account, look for a checkmark next to the card.
4. Once your ride is complete, your extra rewards points will be listed on your emailed receipt under "Uber Rewards."
When you meet the eligibility requirements listed above and take rides using your American Express Corporate Card on your Uber business profile, you'll earn the following Uber benefits:
- 2x reward points per eligible dollar spent on UberPool
- 4x reward points per eligible dollar spent on UberX
- 6x reward points per eligible dollar spent on UberBlack/BlackSUV
Corporate Gold or Platinum Card Members can also unlock priority pickups at most U.S. airports and Corporate Platinum Card Members can request rides with highly-rated drivers where available.
If at any time, you downgrade your American Express Corporate Card, you will be eligible for benefits associated with the downgraded card. If you delete your business profile, you will no longer be eligible for the benefit. For more information on the benefit, please visit www.uber.com/amex-corp-rewards.
If you have specific questions about your American Express Corporate Card or other American Express benefits, please call the number on the back of your American Express Card.