Once you've picked up an order, make your way to the dropoff location using the most efficient route as shown in the Uber app, or any other route that works for you.
CHECK FOR THE CUSTOMER'S DELIVERY NOTES
The customer may include delivery notes with their accounts, which show up below the customer's name in the app. They may indicate how the customer prefers the delivery to be made - for example, where to park, what door to use, security codes, or details on who to leave the delivery with.
PRO TIP: Check for a customer's delivery note before contacting the customer - it saves everyone some time.
When you start the delivery, you'll be able to see any dropoff instructions provided by the customer in the app navigation screen. This includes whether the customer would prefer curbside or door-to-door delivery.
If you need to deliver to their door but have trouble finding a place to park, start by checking for delivery instructions, which may explain the best place to find parking.
If you're continuing to have trouble finding a legal and safe parking location, you can always call the customer through the Uber app to coordinate a dropoff spot.
DELIVERY DROP OFF PRO TIPS:
- Park your vehicle safely and legally
- Confirm you're handing the correct order to the customer
- Bring your phone to verify the order info
- Be courteous to the customer - they're rating their experience. A simple "Hello" & "Have a nice day" can go a long way!
- If you have more than one order, make sure that the correct order is handed over together with all the right packaging
COMPLETE THE TRIP
Once the order is handed over to the customer, end the Uber delivery trip by swiping "DELIVERED"