After each trip, riders and drivers can rate each other from 1 to 5 stars, based on their trip experience.
Driver and rider ratings are:
- Displayed as an average.
- For example, a highly-rated rider might have 4.9 stars.
- Neither riders nor drivers see individual ratings tied to a particular trip or person. Candid, constructive, and respectful feedback is beneficial for everyone.
Providing a rating fosters mutual respect between riders and drivers. This strengthens our community and helps everyone get the most from Uber. We appreciate your participation.
Tips for being a 5-star rider
Drivers frequently consider the below areas when rating a rider:
- Short wait times
- Be ready to go when your driver arrives at the pickup location. Also, be sure the pickup location you entered is accurate.
- Treat drivers and their cars respectfully.
- Drivers want to make sure everyone in their car is safe, and shouldn’t feel pressured to break any laws.