You can use your app to request a ride for someone else. To do this:
- Tap the “Where to?” Box in the app.
- Tap “For Me” at the top of the screen.
- Tap “Add a rider.”
- Enter your friend’s contact details: Either select their contact information from the contact picker or type in their mobile number.
- Make sure your friend is selected, then tap “Next.”
- Make sure your friend’s contact information is correct, then tap “Add rider.”
- Select the desired rider from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your friend’s pickup and destination.
- Select the vehicle class and request.
Once the trip is accepted, your friend will get text messages from Uber with details such as the driver’s ETA, the driver’s name, license plate number, and vehicle make and model. Your friend doesn’t need to have the Uber app to use this feature. If they do have the app, they’ll have to allow notifications from Uber.
It’s not possible to request more than one ride at a time. When you request a ride for a friend, you’ll need to wait until that trip ends before requesting a new ride for yourself or anyone else.