Gift cards are added to your Uber Cash balance. To redeem a gift card:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app
2. Tap the menu icon and select 'Payment'
3. Below 'ADD FUNDS' tap 'PIN/Gift Code' (You can also go to 'Add Payment Method' and select 'Gift Card')
4. Enter your gift code (no spaces)
Once a gift card is added to an Uber account, the amount will be updated in your Uber Cash balance and cannot be transferred.
You can't reload a gift card, but you can add up to $1,000 in gift card value to your Uber Cash balance. As you use up your Uber Cash balance, you can add additional gift cards.
HOW TO BUY UBER GIFT CARDS
You can buy online gift cards from uber.com/gift-cards.
HOW TO USE UBER GIFT CARDS
Uber gift cards can be only used for rides or Uber Eats orders in the country where the gift card was purchased. They can't be used for family profiles, or scheduled rides.
Gift cards loaded onto your Uber Cash balance will apply to your next trip or order by default, but you can select a different payment method before you make your request.
If you want to enable/disable Uber Cash:
1. Enter your destination on the home screen
2. Tap on your payment method or Uber Cash below the vehicle selection
3. On the Ride Profiles screen, tap 'Change' next to the payment method
4. Select the payment method you wish to use to request a ride
If your Uber Cash balance is not completely used up, the remaining balance can be applied to your next ride or order.
HOW TO ADD AN ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHOD
You'll be prompted to add an additional gift code or payment method before you request a ride if your gift card balance is less than the cost of your trip. This will also happen when using a gift card to pay for an Uber Eats order. An authorization may be made on that payment method, but it will be voided once the gift card is charged.
Gift cards are redeemable in the Uber and Uber Eats apps. Terms and conditions apply to gift cards. Depending on the state/province of purchase, this card is issued by Bancorp Card Services Inc. or The Bancorp Bank.
Fill out the form below if you have a gift card question: