Gift cards apply Uber credits to an Uber account. To redeem a gift card:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app
2. Tap the menu icon and select "Payment"
3. Tap "Add Payment Method" and select "Gift Card"
4. Enter your gift code (no spaces)
Once a gift card is added to an Uber account, it can't be transferred.
You can't reload a gift card, but you can add up to $1,000 in gift card credits to your account. As you use up your credits, you can add more.
HOW TO BUY UBER GIFT CARDS
You can buy gift cards from several retail locations, at uber.com/gift-cards, or in the Uber app.
Uber gift cards can be only used for rides or UberEATS orders in the country where the gift card was purchased. They can't be used for family profiles or scheduled rides.
Gift card credits will apply to your next trip or order by default but you can select a different payment method before you make your request:
1. Enter your destination
2. Tap the credit card info at the bottom of the next screen
3. If you have more than one profile, tap "Change payment method"
4. Toggle "Uber Credits" to turn them off (credits will be turned off only for that ride)
If your credits aren't completely used up, the remaining balance can be applied to your next ride or order.
HOW TO ADD AN ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHOD
You'll be prompted to add an additional gift code or payment method before you request a ride if your gift card balance is less than the cost of your trip or when using a gift card to pay for an UberEATS order. An authorization may be made on that payment method, but it will be voided once the gift card is charged.
Fill out this form if you have another gift card question: