If a trip is less than 30 days old, you can change the payment method used to pay for the trip. Follow the steps below.
NOTE: You cannot change the payment method for trips with multiple transactions (tips, split fares etc.), cancellation fees, or trips associated with a business profile that go against your company's ride policy.
1. Open the Uber app and tap the menu icon
2. Select "Your Trips" then the trip you want to update
3. Tap "I had a different issue" and then "I used the wrong payment method or profile"
4. Select the correct method and tap "Next"
You can also change your payment method during a trip:
1. In your Uber app, tap the white panel at the bottom of your screen
2. Tap "Switch" next to the price and payment method
3. Select the correct payment method