If a trip is less than 30 days old (60 days for business trips), you can change the payment method used to pay for the trip. Follow the steps below.
NOTE: You can't change the payment method for trips associated with a business profile that go against your company's ride policy.
1. Open the Uber app and tap the menu icon
2. Select "Your Trips" and then the trip you want to update
3. Tap "I had a different issue" and then "Change the payment method for a trip"
4. Follow the prompts to change your payment method
You can also change your payment method during a trip:
1. In your Uber app, tap the white panel at the bottom of your screen
2. Tap "Switch" next to the price and payment method
3. Select the correct payment method
NOTE: You won't be able to switch to or from Apple Pay, Google Pay, Paytm, ZaakPay, American Express reward points, or cash (if you're in a city that accepts cash as a payment option).
Need to add or update a payment method? Tap the link below.