You can use your app to request a ride for someone else. To do this, open the app, then:
1. Tap "Where to?" and enter your friend's pickup location
Note: You can only request rides for friends who are not in your location.
2. Select "Someone else"
3. Enter your friend's contact details: Either select their contact information from the contact picker or type in their mobile number
4. Select your friend; make sure they have an arrow on their icon
5. Enter your friend's destination
6. Tap "Confirm Rider" and then "Request"
Once the trip is accepted, your friend will get text messages from Uber with details like the driver's ETA, the driver's name, license plate number, and vehicle make and model.
Note: The driver will see your friend's name exactly as it is listed in your contacts; this includes any nicknames you may use instead of their name.
It is not possible to request more than one ride at a time. When you request a ride for a friend, you'll need to wait until that trip ends before requesting a new ride for yourself or anyone else.