You can use your app to request a ride for someone else.
First try this:
1. Tap "Where to?" and enter your friend's pickup location
2. Select "Someone else"
(NOTE: if you do not see this option, go to the section called "ALTERNATIVELY")
3. Enter your friend's contact details: Either select their contact information from the contact picker or type in their mobile number
4. Select your friend; make sure they have an arrow on their icon
5. Enter your friend's destination
6. Tap "Confirm Rider" and "Request"
If you didn't see the option to select "Someone else", try this instead:
1. Tap the "Where to?" box
2. Tap the dropdown icon next to your name
3. Continue through the rest of the steps described above
Once the trip is accepted, your friend will get text messages from Uber with details like the driver's ETA, the driver's name, license plate number, and vehicle make and model.
It is not possible to request more than one ride at a time. When you request a ride for a friend, you'll need to wait until that trip ends before requesting a new ride for yourself or anyone else.