Uber may ask for a screenshot of your phone number to verify device ownership. Follow the steps below that are applicable to your device.
For iOS 12 or above:
1. Tap "Settings."
2. Tap on the first section which shows your name.
3. Scroll down and select the tab which shows "(your name)'s iPhone" or "Name, Phone number, Email."
4. Take a screenshot that captures your phone number.
5. The picture will be saved with the rest of your images in the Photos app on your device.
For Android (The location may vary depending on your version of the Android OS. For many versions, you can use the following steps):
1. Open "Settings."
2. Scroll down and select "About phone" or "About device." (Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. If not, select Phone identity or Status then SIM status).
3. Take a screenshot of your number by pressing the Power button and Volume down key at the same time.