Booking fee - FAQ:
QUESTION: What is a “booking fee”?
- Booking fee means “pickup fee”, will be charged Rider who requested a ride and be paid to a taxi partner company.
QUESTION: Do I need to pay a booking fee even though I request from Uber app?
- Booking fee will be charged in Tokyo / Osaka / Kanagawa / Kyoto / Fukuyama.
- Booking fee will be added to the actual meter fare when you are at your drop-off location.
- Please make sure to understand how the booking fee works. You may misunderstand some situations such as the fare estimate is different from the actual fare, or some extra yen was added to the actual meter fare when getting off at the drop-off location even though you checked the meter during your ride etc.
QUESTION: Is there any case of no booking fee?
- Not all taxi companies (partner companies) in Japan adopt a booking fee. Some partner companies don’t charge a booking fee.
- The booking fee amount varies since the amount is set for each partner company that adopts a booking fee.
- Booking fees won’t be charged in cities other than Tokyo / Osaka / Kanagawa / Kyoto / Fukuyama.