Reservations is a new option that lets you request rides with Economy products (UberX, UberXL, and Uber Comfort) at least 2 hours in advance! Following the launch on April 9, 2021, reservations can be created in many of the areas in which Scheduled Rides are already available.
HOW DO I CREATE A RESERVATION?
To request a reservation, please open your app and take the following steps:
1. Tap the "Now" drop-down menu or the schedule ride icon on the app's home screen
2. Enter your pickup time, then tap "Set pickup time"
3. Choose an Economy ride option (UberX, UberXL, or Uber Comfort) on the product selector screen, then tap "Reserve"
Once you confirm those details, you can use the "Upcoming " trips section of the app to view or update the details of your existing reservation, as well as create new ones!
WHERE ARE RESERVATIONS AVAILABLE?
Reservations can be created in many of the areas in which Scheduled Rides are already available. As of April 12, 2021, reservations can be made in the following areas:
- Fort Myers-Naples
- Kansas City
- Minneapolis - St. Paul
- New Orleans
- Piedmont Triad
- Rhode Island
- Tampa Bay
HOW MUCH DO RESERVATIONS COST?
When you book a reservation, the amount you see will be an estimate that includes a variable reservation fee. The exact amount of the reservation fee will depend on the location of the pickup address associated with the reservation.
CAN I UPDATE OR CANCEL A RESERVATION?
You can cancel a reservation at no charge up to an hour before the start of the ride. However, you will be responsible for a cancellation fee equal to the ride's minimum fare if the reservation is cancelled within an hour of the scheduled start time and a driver has already accepted it. You can use the app's "Upcoming" trips section to cancel, update, or review your upcoming reservations at any time.
WHAT OTHER FEATURES MAKE RESERVATIONS SPECIAL?
- Upfront Driver Matching: When possible, a driver will accept your request prior to the pick-up time rather than shortly before the ride. You will be notified when a driver accepts your trip request in advance.
- Arrive Early & Wait: Drivers will arrive early for your pick-up, and wait time of up to 5 minutes after the scheduled pick-up is included in your fare.
- Improved Scheduled Rides Pricing: All reservations will have an upfront price (UFP), which includes a reservation fee.
- On-Time Pickup Guarantee: If a driver arrives late (i.e. more than 1 minute after the scheduled departure time) for a reservation, the rider will automatically be provided with $10 in Uber Cash.
- Revised Rider Cancellation Policy: A reservation must be created >2 hours in advance. The rider can cancel free of charge >1 hour before the trip. However, if a rider cancels <1 hour in advance they'll be accountable for the ride's minimum fare.
- Rewards: Riders earn 1x points on every reservation.