Uber Reserve is a new option that lets you schedule Premium rides at least 2 hours in advance, has extra wait time, and includes an on-time pickup guarantee! Following the launch during the week of 11/16, Uber Reserve can be requested in several cities in which Premium products (UberBLACK, SUV, and/or Premier) are already available. Below is a list of the areas in which Uber Reserve can currently be used:
- New York City
- New Orleans
- Washington D.C.
- Las Vegas
- Fort Myers-Naples
- New Jersey
HOW DO I REQUEST AN UBER RESERVE RIDE?
To create an Uber Reserve request, please open your app and take the following steps:
1. Tap the "Reserve" tab on the app's homescreen
2. Select "Reserve a Ride"
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your request details
Once you confirm those details and set up your Uber Reserve request, you will be taken back to the Reserve tab. From here, you can see the details of your existing Reserve requests and schedule additional Uber Reserve rides!
HOW MUCH DOES UBER RESERVE COST?
When you book an Uber Reserve trip, the fare you see will be an estimate which includes a variable reservation fee. The exact amount of the reservation fee will depend on the area in which the request is being made.
Once the trip has been completed, the trip will be reviewed and an adjusted total will be charged.
CAN I CANCEL AN UBER RESERVE RIDE?
You can cancel an Uber Reserve request at no charge up to an hour before the start of the ride. However, you will be responsible for the ride's price if the request is canceled within an hour of the scheduled start time.
WHAT OTHER FEATURES MAKE UBER RESERVE SPECIAL?
- Upfront Driver Matching: When possible, a driver will accept your request prior to the pickup time, rather than shortly before the ride.
- Favorite Driver: Where available, the Favorite Driver feature allows you to select specific drivers you would like to be matched with when requesting Reserve rides.
You can add drivers to your Favorite Driver list during the ride rating process by tapping the "Favorite" button when completing the rating for your driver. You can view your Favorite Driver list by opening your app's "Settings" section and navigating to the "Favorite Drivers" portion, and you can remove any of your favorite drivers at any time.
However, please keep in mind that you may not always be matched with your favorite drivers due to their availability.
- Arrive Early & Wait: Drivers will arrive several minutes prior to your departure time since wait time of up to 15 minutes is included in your fare.
- Ride Preferences: Specify preferences for temperature, conversation, and luggage.
- Rewards: Earn 3x points on every ride.
-On Time Guarantee: If your driver is late, you'll receive $50 in Uber Cash which can be used on future rides, reservations and Uber Eats orders.