Reservations, or “Uber Reserve,” is a new option that lets you request rides at least 2 hours in advance. Reservations can be created in many areas, and this feature is expanding to new cities every month.
HOW DO I CREATE A RESERVATION?
To request a reservation, open your app and follow these steps:
- Tap the “Reserve” icon on the app’s home screen.
- Enter your pickup and dropoff location, then select your pickup time and hit “Confirm.”
- Choose your vehicle option on the product selector screen, then tap “Reserve.”
Once you confirm those details, you can tap the “Reserve” icon on the home screen, then see the “Upcoming ” trips section to view or update your reservation.
HOW MUCH DO RESERVATIONS COST?
When you book a reservation, the amount you see will be an estimate that includes a variable reservation fee. The exact amount of the reservation fee will depend on the location of the pickup address.
HOW CAN I UPDATE OR CANCEL A RESERVATION?
Tap the “Reserve” icon on the home screen, then use the “Upcoming” trips section to cancel, update, or review your upcoming reservations at any time.
You can cancel a reservation at no charge up to an hour before the start of the ride.
If you cancel less than 60 minutes before the scheduled start time, and the reservation has already been accepted by a driver, you will be charged a cancellation fee equal to the ride’s minimum fare for UberX, UberXL, and Comfort trips.
For Black, Black SUV, and Premier trips, the cancellation fee is equal to the full upfront fare if you cancel less than 60 minutes before the scheduled start time.
WHAT OTHER FEATURES MAKE RESERVATIONS SPECIAL?
- Upfront Driver Matching: When possible, a driver will accept your request before the pick-up time rather than shortly before the ride. You will be notified when a driver accepts your trip request in advance.
- Arrive Early and Wait: Drivers will arrive a few minutes early for your pick-up, and they will wait up to 5 minutes after the scheduled pick-up for UberX, Uber XL, and Comfort trips. Up to 15 minutes of wait time is included for Black, Black SUV, and premier trips.
- Improved Scheduled Rides Pricing: All reservations will have an upfront price (UFP), which includes a reservation fee.