WHAT IS UBER CONNECT?
Uber Connect is an option that allows you to request a driver to help you transport your package(s) to the person waiting at the designated dropoff location.
WHAT CAN I SEND?
You can send small or medium packages that:
- Don't contain any prohibited items (see list of prohibited items below)
- Have a combined maximum weight of 30 pounds and combined maximum value of $100
- Fit comfortably in the trunk of a mid-size vehicle
- Are closed, securely sealed, and ready to be delivered
If your package contains a prohibited item or doesn't follow the restrictions above, the driver may cancel your request.
HOW TO REQUEST A DELIVERY
1. Enter the package destination in the "Where to?" section of your Uber app and ensure the pickup location is correct. You won't be able to change the pickup or dropoff address after requesting the delivery.
2. Scroll through the vehicle options and select "Connect."
3. Review your payment method and tap "Next."
4. Agree to the package delivery Terms and Conditions, and confirm that your package doesn't contain any prohibited items.
5. Reply to the message you'll receive in the Uber app asking for the recipient's name and any special delivery instructions for your driver.
6. Meet the driver curbside and load the package into the trunk.
7. Share the trip with the recipient so they can track the trip and know when the package has arrived. Instruct the recipient to meet the driver curbside and retrieve the package from the driver's trunk.
NOTE: The package recipient should be available to meet the driver curbside. If you need to ask the driver to leave the package at the recipient's door, you must include those instructions as part of the special delivery instructions or in a message to the driver within the app.
If your package was damaged during delivery and you would like to seek a refund of the delivery cost, you must submit a photo and description of the damage within three business days following the delivery date.
Uber does not maintain insurance for packages.
Please see the Terms and Conditions for full details. Violation of the Terms and Conditions may result in deactivation of your account without notice.
CAN I SEND SOMEONE A PACKAGE AS A SURPRISE?
We recommend that you notify the recipient of the delivery and share the trip with them, so they can track the delivery and meet the driver at the curb to retrieve the package from the trunk.
If you do send someone a package as a surprise you'll need to clearly instruct the driver, in the message section of the Uber app, to leave the package at the recipient's door. The driver can always decline this request.