Black Hourly / Premier Hourly Overview
Black Hourly and Premier Hourly are new trip types that allow riders to book a trip for at least two hours, rather than to a specific destination. Instead of having to request individual one-way trips, riders can now make multiple stops within a trip.
How to request a Black Hourly / Premier Hourly trip
- Open your app and click on the “Hourly” icon.
- Select the amount of time you need.
- Select either “Black Hourly” or “Premier Hourly,” depending on the market.
- You may click on the selected product for more details, including Hourly rates as well as mileage and time packages.
- Enter and confirm your initial destination.
- Acknowledge the screen that pops up, ensuring that you adhere to all COVID-19 safety protocols.
The insurance that Uber maintains on behalf of U.S. independent drivers operating on the Uber App is limited to commercial auto insurance.
- Riders can request a trip for a set number of hours and miles, beginning at two hours.
- Riders will be charged a default per-hour rate based upon the estimated duration and distance of their trip rounded up to the nearest hour.
- Trips exceeding the requested number of hours will be charged an additional per-minute rate.
- Trips shorter than the requested number of hours will still be charged the minimum fare based on the hours selected when requesting the trip.
- If a trip exceeds the distance selected, riders will be charged an overage based on a per-mile rate specified in the app.
- Surge pricing will apply to the first hour of an Hourly trip.
- If surge is in effect, the rate of the first hour will be higher than the default per-hour rate. Riders will see the rate with surge applied in the app.
- Riders will be charged a per-minute wait time fee prior to the trip start if the driver has arrived at the pickup spot and has been waiting for more than 5 minutes.