WHAT IS HOURLY?
Hourly is a new trip type that allows you to book a trip for at least an hour, rather than to a specific destination. Instead of having to request individual one-way trips, riders can now make multiple stops within a trip.
HOW TO REQUEST A TRIP
Open your app and enter your destination in the "Where to?" field. Add up to 2 intermediate stops, if desired. You can change stops and the final destination at any time, using the app. Hourly trips are not available for airports and destinations outside of a city's Uber service area. Hourly is also not available for scheduled rides.
1. Swipe up to see all vehicle options available in your area.
2. Tap on "Hourly" to select.
3. Read the screen that pops up. Confirm that you understand that you are paying a minimum fare based on the hours & distance requested, and that you will connect with your driver in app to communicate about stops.
4. Once your trip has been accepted, contact your driver via in-app text or phone to confirm that they are willing to drive you for the desired time and make the desired stops.
5. If you need to modify your trip while it is in progress,, you can request that the driver accept those iti nerary changes. To do so, within the app, tap the + next to the destination address at any point before or during your ride. Give all other instructions for stop addresses and waiting times in writing by in-app text message.
The insurance that Uber maintains on behalf of U.S. independent drivers operating on the Uber App is limited to commercial auto insurance. More details about that insurance can be found below.
HOW DOES PRICING WORK?
Riders can request a trip for a set number of hours and miles. Riders are charged a flat-rate of $50 per hour based upon the estimated duration and distance of their trip rounded up to the nearest hour and $0.83* per minute after that, plus surcharges and tolls if applicable. Even if the trip ends early, riders will still be charged the minimum fare based on the hours estimated. If a trip exceeds the distance selected, riders will be charged an overage based on a per-mile rate specified in the app.
Surge pricing will apply to Hourly trips. If surge is in effect, the rate of the first hour will be higher than $50. Riders will see the rate with surge applied in the app.
Riders will be charged a $10 cancellation fee 1) for any cancellations that occur 5 minutes after the trip is accepted while the driver is traveling to or waiting at the pickup spot or 2) any cancellation by the driver if the rider is not at the pickup spot 5 minutes after the driver has arrived.
*Please note that the per minute rate shown in app - $0.83 - is rounded to 2 decimal points, while actual rates are set at 4 decimal points ($0.8333).
* Time and distance pricing does not apply to Uber Reserve, which is paid as an upfront fare.